Ahead of the General Election on 12th December, it is more important than ever that we make sure to bring Jewish values to the ballot box and demand fair and just policies on race and asylum issues.
This election gives members of the Jewish community a chance to decide what sort of society we want to live in. We need to make sure that candidates, of all parties,
How you can help:
1. Download a list of questions to ask candidates on the doorstep and at hustings.
2. Ask candidates to sign a pledge and share it on social media, using the hashtag #SocialJusticePledge
Candidates can sign the pledge online here.
We are calling on parliamentary candidates to show their commitment to social justice by pledging to champion these six proposals:
1. Allow asylum seekers the right to work.
2. Reunite refugee families.
3. Create a properly funded programme to resettle unaccompanied refugee children and young people in the UK.
4. Protect the Race Disparity Unit, which monitors the extent of racial inequality in Britain.
5. Provide funding for a permanent memorial to the victims of the transatlantic slave trade.
6. Make sure all political parties have clear and transparent procedures for dealing with all forms of racism, including antisemitism, Islamophobia and anti-black racism.